Build robust and scalable real-time server-side web applications efficiently
Publisher: Packt Publishing
Release Date: December 2017
Pages: 498Start your free trial nowBuy on Amazon
Expert techniques for building fast servers and scalable, real-time network applications with minimal effort; rewritten for Node.js 8 and Node.js 9
About This Book
- Packed with practical examples and explanations, Mastering Node.js contains everything you need to take your applications to the next level.
- Unleash the full potential of Node.js 9 to build real-time and scalable applications.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of asynchronous programming, event loops, and parallel data processing.
- Explore Node's innovative event-non-blocking design, and build professional applications with the help of detailed examples.
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
- Build an Electron desktop app using Node that manages a filesystem
- Explore Streams and understand how they apply to building networked services
- Develop and deploy an SMS-driven customer service application
- Use WebSockets for rapid bi-directional communication
- Construct serverless applications with Amazon Lambda
- Test and debug with headless browsers, CPU profiling, Mocha, Sinon, and more
- Scale applications vertically and horizontally across multiple cores and web services
By the end of this book, you'll be building better Node applications more quickly, with less code and more power, and know how to run them at scale in production environments.
Style and approach
Mastering Node.js contains all of the examples and explanations you'll need to build applications in a short amount of time and at a low cost, running rapidly and at scale.